June 26, 2008
…I just haven’t been posting! So let’s see….Well, I made two skirts out of old pants. I created a very cute Denim vest, and below are pictures of my plaid summer dress. I made the pattern based off of two old dresses.
April 21, 2008
I finally had the time to make some clothing for myself. I made up this pattern and was very pleased with the result. =)
I made it out of a curtain which was lined. I used the curtain lining as a skirt lining.
March 22, 2008
I still have some adjustments to make to the top….But you get the idea.
Me and Brigid modeling our new dresses. (Brigid made her own!)
March 17, 2008
Thankfully I have a backup machine. Technically this dress is done now. I wound up making it a two piece dress. But of course, me being so picky, I decided to make a new top as well. So this entire project went from just making a new skirt, to making an entirely new costume! Ah well, it’ll be so worth it.
Hmm…I realized the date is off on my blog…Today’s the 16th, not the 17th. Good thing too, because I want this new top finished.
March 14, 2008
What a time for my machine to die on me! I’m in the middle of getting the skirt attached to the top, when the whole thing decides to jam up. My Dad took the whole thing apart. The Needle is moving again, but the bobbin thread isn’t catching anymore….My Machine never has any major problems, not until Saint Patrick’s Day is 4 days away!!!
March 10, 2008
I’m really on a roll now. I have 4 “pleat” panels finished, plus all 8 panels completely lined, embroidered, and the edges are satin stitched. I just need to finish 2 of the smaller “pleat” panels, which wont take long, and then I can just throw it together in no time. (well, that’s the plan anyway)
(Click thumbnails for a larger view)
March 5, 2008
The appliqués are all embroidered now. I just have to add some more stiffener to the front panels, and line 7 of the 8. I also need to the finish the pleats. (well, more like smaller panels, but I call them pleats because they’re going where I’d normally put a pleat) Once that’s all finished I’ll be making the underskirt. Tomorrow I want to line the panels, and prep the pleats for finishing.
On Sunday I embroidered the first 4 panels.
Here’s an example of what embroidery can do for appliqués. The stitching really makes the design pop.
Today I finished the appliqués on the remaining panels, and got the lining cut out, along with the rest of the stiffener.
March 1, 2008
Well, I have half of the appliqués ironed on. I *might* need to re cut the blue fabric for the side panels…I think they need to be a little wider…